If you’re constantly hungry, whether it’s due to creating a calorie deficit to lose weight or because you train like a beast. Feeling controlled by hunger symptoms all day long is no way to live. You can be in control of your hunger with these helpful tips.
- Get 7 to 9 hours of sleep per night: lack of sleep increases cravings.
- Drink coffee: Black coffee is a natural appetite suppressant.
- Weight training: The more muscle you have, the more calories you’ll burn.
- Drink sparkling water: The water and bubbles fill you up. If you’re not a fan of the carbonation, go for plain water instead.
- Eat spicy foods: Strong flavors make meals feel more satisfying.
- Keep fruits and veggies close at hand: Low in calories and full of fiber, you’ll stay fuller longer if you include these with meals and snacks.
- Focus on getting enough fiber: Women need about 25 grams a day, and aside from fruits and veggies, you can get your fill of hunger-satiating fiber with whole grains, beans, nuts, and seeds.
- Eat some healthy fats: This macro nutrient metabolizes slowly so it makes you feel full longer. Include healthy unsaturated fats such as salmon, avocado, nuts, and seeds at every meal.
- Eat protein at every meal: Another filling macro nutrient, aim to get 20 to 30 grams at each meal.
Controlling hunger is never about skimping on food and starving yourself, but rather nourishing and fueling your body in a more intentional way. Incorporating these nine things into your lifestyle will allow you to get a handle on hunger, so you can reach your fitness or weight loss goals faster.